Mindriot's B5.5 Sport TDI Wagon (Sold 17/12/2015)

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T5 2.5 4MO Kombi

Mindriot's B5.5 Sport TDI Wagon (Sold 17/12/2015)

Post by Mindriot »

Right, I'll start off right with this one and do a thread, never got round to it with the old 10/97 AFN Saloon which Ill be selling soon (and will miss).

I picked this superb car up yesterday.

This is a couple of pics Ill try to keep updated and shows car as it currently is :

I think I found an absolute gem. I found it North of Glasgow on Gumtree of all places (I know, a genuine seller with a genuine car on Gumtree!!!). A really nice town called Blanefield. Bloke was ace to deal with and it was a real good Karma deal for both sides. Talked the car through then agreed at £1500, he just wanted to recover his outlay.

Ill start with the ad wording :
PASSAT 1.9 TDI SPORT ESTATE 51, NEW ENGINE, CLUTCH, TURBO FITTED WEEKS AGO. HEATED SEATS MAY SWAP

*NO TRADERS, GENUINE BUYERS ONLY*
SELLING PASSAT ESTATE SPORT TDI 130BHP WITH RED T AND I (avf engine) (BARGAIN PRICE WHEN YOU SEE THE WORK BEEN DONE)
FAR TOO BIG FOR MY WIFE, SHE NEEDS SOMETHING SMALLER WAS BOUGHT FOR HER WORK BUT FAR TOO BIG. (MAY CONSIDER SWAP FOR SMALLER DIESEL BUT NO JUNK PLEASE)
IN THE PAST MONTH THE CAR HAS HAD.
REPLACMENT ENGINE
NEW CLUTCH
REPLACMENT TURBO
BRAKES
6 SPEED MANUAL GEARBOX
PULLS GREAT IN EVERY GEAR, VERY QUICK BIG CAR....
HIGH MILES 170,000, BUT WITH THE ENGINE REPLACMENT THAT IS IRRELEVANT.
1 YEARS WARRANTY WITH ALL WORK DONE AT ENGINES AND GEARBOXES.

FOLDERS FULL OF SERVICE HISTORY AND OLD MOT'S RECEIPTS ETC.
V5 PRESENT WITH 2 PREVIOUS KEEPERS
2 KEYS AND SECURITY KEY
M.O.T. UNTILL OCTOBER 2013
TAX END OF APRIL
FULL SERVICE HISTORY
CHEAP TAX AND 50MPG ON THIS BIG CAR. VW RELIABILTY

CAR IS THE SPORT MODEL AND HAS HEATED SEATS, 6 DISC IN DASH CHANGER ETC.
NO RUST ON ARCHES
ODD SCRAPE HERE AND THERE BUT I WOULD SAY GOOD CONDITION FOR A CAR THIS AGE.
TIMING BELT AND SERVICE WAS DONE WITH ENGINE REPLACMENT SO NO NEED TO WORRY FOR ANOTHER 70K.

WOULD CONSIDER SWAP FOR SMALLER DIESEL FOR MY WIFE BUT PREFER CASH SALE.

ONLY DOWN SIDE IS, BACK LIGHT HAS CRACK AND ABS SENSOR NEEDS REPLACED. i HAVE SPENT £1500 ON THE CAR IN THE LAST MONTH SO BUYER NEEDS TO GET THESE CHEAP THINGS DONE.
Some pics :

The car checked out fully ok on AA HPI check and VW verified service history.

Yes folks, totally rebuilt engine, gearbox and turbo 3 weeks ago, with a new clutch kit and full timing belt service. This car comes with only 2 previous owners and complete paperwork and proof of service history going back every day of its life, VWFSH first 5 years, independent VW dealer FSH part of the way and ind FSH the rest.

Oh its also had new pagid rear discs and pads, new osr pagid caliper, new nsf caliper, and some front suspension parts I dont know full details of yet.

It turned out the car had just been fitted with new coilovers, and that was the reason the blokes poor wife wiped out the sump thus killing the engine. So the car was also fitted with new front sport shocks and springs and new rear springs (coilover shox are still on back). Thats why its sitting a little odd right now.

In the deal he also threw in the complete coilover set which has all new topmounts, spring perch's, bump stops and boots etc. Looks like it just came out the box. Blue and silver dont know make atm.

I'd say the car is 8/10 now Ive checked it over, all mechanicals and suspension seem spot on and it really does accelerate and go phenomenally like a new car which it sort of is.

Seriously pleased with getting it :D It needs some fettling and a few bits and pieces.

One of the first things on the list is the coilovers are going back on and lows but sensible for everyday use, tufftrayz steel undertray and H7 HID kit off old Passat and onto this ones dip beams, and a replacement for steering pump which is leaking, replacement ABS sensor, oh and the Audi A8 17" Competition forged mags I got from az_tdi \m/ viewtopic.php?p=442206#p442206

Oh itll be getting the alloy bonnet pull I got from defconwombat too : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=49498

A phenomenal find if I do say so myself, only took a year of hunting for the right one. I think its the perfect platform to restore and mod.

Road Americas Ill prob keep for winter tyres.

Last edited by Mindriot on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.

This topic has 87 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login