Android 4.2.2 Erisin head unit help needed

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jason8
still on the production line
Passat model: B6 Estate

Android 4.2.2 Erisin head unit help needed

Post by jason8 »

Hi
I have just purchased my Android head unit which details as an ES9401EU 8" pure android.
The firmware states the model is an S06
The eBay listing is: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ES9401EU-8-An ... 35d7e2f023

Here is the wiring diagram on top of the unit, this is the only form of instructions: Image

I would really appreciate any and all help from the ICE gurus on the following questions:

1) I have installed a wireless (Bluetooth) reversing camera and connected It to the reversing lamp, transition LED says all good.
Now, I took it the the received would connect to the red & black pair called camera-VCC and camera-GND, the the phonograph to camera-IN. But the red does not produce 12v, nor in reverse. I'm obviously missing something here original need to make a link from somewhere? ..
Working on this one..

2) To enable 'in motion DVD playback' I'm thinking the pink wire (Reverse) is the one that detects the e-brake? I think this is the one I need to mod out to enable this. Or for now just to enable DVD playback at all it needs connecting, can anyone tell me where? This cable appears to produce 2.5v at all times.
SortedThanks, Skipper heartbeat.

3) How do you get an aerial to connect for DAB or even standard reception? The VW stock aerial connectors are those little silver ones in a white block, and why two?
Update I see two seemingly empty holes on the back of the unit, I'm not familiar with these, do they take fakra connectors, so I need a VW fakra double adaptor, or fakra to standard aerial socket?
Sorted Thanks, Skipper heartbeat.

4) Any help on the other coloured cables (top left on the diagram) I'd like know how I use those. I understand they are essential signal wires but I would like to know where/ how to connect them as I'm also aware that the can-bus can be fairly unforgiving if I get it wrong. Example, ILL(orange) I take is for auto dimming, so would connect to the sidelights, but where to specifically?

5) Does anyone know where to find the boot logo file or how to change it? I'm hoping its just renaming a new image file but I see there is software to do it. Or is that just for those who don't understand directory structure? I've been round and round the menu but I just don't see where you can change it. I have the VW badge come on at boot which is OK, but I have a custom one I'd like to use.
Badly needed answer

That's it for the moment, again I appreciate anyone's time with help on any of this, I'm not a tech dummy and surely I ant be the only one with this unit. It just may help others with similar questions hopefully.
Thanks for looking.
Last edited by jason8 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login