She's dead

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ShaneB
B3
Passat model: B6

She's dead

Post by ShaneB »

After 164068 miles, 106000 of those in my ownership, my loyal 2010 Highline Wagon is dead after being wiped out by a drunk driver while parked, somewhat gutted as shelled out on cam belt etc 18 months ago, has 4 recent Continental Sport Contact tyres and 3/4 tank of diesel, bodywork was excellent other than a minor scuff on the back bumper and only left me stranded once in 7 years of ownership when the electric lift pump failed last year. Now comes the arguments with insurance companies over its value and the search for a replacement. Contemplating a Skoda Superb or Seat Exeo estate although both are fetching scary money, anyone have any other recommendations? Really want another estate as makes it easy to get my bike and fishing gear in, needs to return 50mpg with ease while still having a bit of get up and go. Feel like the Exeo will be a step backwards as runs on the B5.5 platform with the longitudinal engine layout but with the later 2.0 CR engine, not sure if it has the multi link front suspension or not though. Tend to do most of the maintenance myself so don't really want anything that requires main dealer intervention any time something goes wrong.
Volkswagen Passat B5.5 130 Bhp, 1.9 TDI Sport Wagon, Silver Blue Metallic. Sold at 203K (SOLD).
Mistaken dabble with a Civic CDT-i (SOLD)
2010 Volswagen Passat B6 140 Bhp, 2.0 TDI Highline Wagon, Silver Grey Metallic (Written off by a drunk Driver)
2013 Audi A4 Avant SE Technik TDI 177

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login