BKC (105) Turbo Upgrade

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bat3man
Passat model: B6

BKC (105) Turbo Upgrade

Post by bat3man »

So after my turbo destroyed itself I thought "Why not upgrade to a PD130 turbo"

Something to bear in mind if you plan to do this.
1. It's not easy (Why the hell did VW rotate the engine transverse on the B6) It's a bitch to get the turbo off.
2. It's not cheap hahaha

I did try and research it first but found conflicting and completely incorrect information. So having just done this modification I thought I'd post to hopefully help anyone else.

The PD130 turbo will bolt onto the head no problem at all. Straight fit. The intercooler hose and air intake are also the same and fit no probs.

The exhaust outlet is different, (PD105 is clamp, PD130 is bolt). I opted to go for a Darkside Developments decat downpipe. The other option is to get a PD130 flange cut and welded onto your cat.
The EGR fitting is also different and the existing BKC egr cooler pipe doesn't fit. So again I went with Darkside and got a Turbo EGR blanking plate and hose connector to delete the EGR cooler. Obviously then deleting the EGR also. Darkside also do a braided oil feed hose which I recommend lol. So much easier to fit than the original.

My shopping list at Darkside:
Darkside 2.5" Stainless De-Cat Downpipe for Mk5 Platform 1.9 TDI with GT1749V Turbocharger
Darkside Braided Oil Feed Line for 1.9 and 2.0 TDI
EGR Cooler Delete Pipe for 1.9 8v PD105 & 2.0 16v TDI PD140 / PD170
EGR Blanking Plate (for Turbo EGR Port)
EGR Delete Kit

Injectors and Remap next hahaha

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login