Balance Shaft delete

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

kiwicoops
still on the production line
Passat model: B6 TDI est 140hp

Balance Shaft delete

Post by kiwicoops »

Got the oil pressure doom warning on my b6 2005 bkp passat last week. I was just driving away on a cold morning so thick oil seems to have been the last straw for a worn oil pump shaft! Hopefully no damage to the crank or turbo. I've bought parts to do a delete and cambelt service. Started doing the cambelt with the engine supported from below while the engine mount is off, then plan to remove the sump once the engine mount is refitted, remove the balance shaft unit, fit the new oil pump and then finish the timing service. The camshaft pulleys can remain pin locked but as the inner crankshaft sprocket is being replaced I'm thinking do I need to paint reference dots on both an exposed flywheel tooth and the engine block so they be aligned before I shut up the sump, or does the crankshaft timing pulley always go in the same position on the crank so I can then realign the 3 sprockets later? Watching this for tips. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQrhKulKN4U

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login