Removing the plastic intercooler pipe on a BKP

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Gramwam
B1
Passat model: B6

Removing the plastic intercooler pipe on a BKP

Post by Gramwam »

Happy Friday all,

I am needing a bit of advice please, have looked online and I cannot find any info on said part.

I have a B6 BKP and today, in -3 and the odd snow flurry, i decided to change my MAP sensor, its in a rather awkward spot. From above I can see that it has totally rusted screws so I got under it, took off the bottom intercooler hose, unbolted the plastic pipe, disconnected the other two factors also, my aim was to simply take the plastic pipe with the MAP attached indoors, finagle the old screws out and replace said sensor.

I then disconnected the boost hose to the EGR/ throttle body and attempted to wriggle the entire hose down through the gaps from underneath, it did not work, the plastic hose is catching and it just will not budge, there is a hose next to it but it is not movable.

Had a look at the MAP through the detached pipe and it's dirty/little oily so gave it a wee spray with MAF cleaner to give it an in situ clean, can see the actual sensor now!

Am I missing an obvious obstacle?

Thank you in advance.

If I am being an idiot please say so.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login