Heated seat retrofit help

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Tompass06
Passat model: B6

Heated seat retrofit help

Post by Tompass06 »

Hi guys
New to the forum
I’ve bought myself a 2007 b6 Passat estate 2.0tdi with the bkp engine, mainly because of the birth of my daughter two months ago and with the dog needed more space
It’s a poverty spec car with basic cloth seats etc
After owning the car a little while And fixing various issues (glow plugs, injector loom) I’m growing to like it more and more so decided to splash out on a leather interior with heated seats in the front and back

Now I’ve bought the climate control panel with the heated seat rockers
And the heated seat switches for the rears came with the interior, along with all the modules under the seats and all the plugs albeit with the loom chopped 6” along from the plug thanks the the seller having no patience to remove the loom properly

So finally to my question

What needs doing to make these work?

I’ve seen mention of coding (I’ve purchased a laptop with vag com but have no prior experience using it as of yet)

I’m guessing a fuse will need installing as I’ve bought a loom from kuftec rightly or wrongly and in its instructions seems to mention adding one (either the instructions are poorly translated or aren’t designed for someone as auto electronically illiterate as myself)

My old seats are manual with electronic lumbar/seat back, as are my new ones with the addition of being heated

Apologies if there’s already a thread with all the info but I’ve searched and not found any how to’s or anything of that sort other than someone fitting an aftermarket kit

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Tom

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login