Starting problems presumed electrical

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

chill
Passat model: B6

Starting problems presumed electrical

Post by chill »

This is my first post on this forum and unfortunately it's not a happy one. I have a 2006 2.0tdi Automatic Passat estate low mileage at only 78000 I have owned this car for about 18month with limited issues (glow plugs done a couple of months ago) the only other fault until recently was hesitation on cold start and the other day this resulted in me having to jump it.
It threw up a crank sensor fault a few months back but that was cleared and never showed up again.

However recently it's been behaving a bit oddly, horn stopped working, it's got full mfd display and sometimes throw up ! On there, it bongs and beeps a lot on start up.

Today I decided to try and fix the horn I first checked a few fuses taking them out to look at a couple I replaced one under the bonnet that looked a bit suspicious but no joy, I then accessed them via the bumper inserts I fuddled and took them both off I tried them by taking a feed directly off the battery, neither seemed to work but I thought this seemed a bit odd for them both to have failed so I thought I'll test the wiring to the horn I don't have a multimeter so decided I would wire the horn wires to a bulb, bit unusual yes but thought I would determine the wiring, I tried this and pushed the horn but got no joy however all other problems had started by now,

Now when I put the key in,
I have no glow plug light
Message on the mfd saying parking brake failure,
Yellow p light on
Steering wheel light on either yellow or red
Red battery light
Prnds flashing
Traction control switch off

It turns over but doesn't fire kind of like when an immobiliser is on?

Have I shirted something and blown something or is it all just coincidence?

I'm a bit worried now as from looking it looks like this might be quite a costly issue?????

Helllllllllllp please!! :(( :((

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login