Rust on the inside of the doors!

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

citiz8en
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

Rust on the inside of the doors!

Post by citiz8en »

Hi there. Took my 2007 b6 estate for a service with Vw at the end of February and asked them to look at the inside of a couple of the doors at the same time, for possible rust. They didn't, but if you've any experience of heritage Vw in Bristol that probably won't come as a surprise. They asked me to contact sj Curtis (approved repairer) in Bristol myself which was a bit annoying but I went ahead and did it.
I visited sj Curtis and they took some photos - there is some "spidering" which looks very much like corrosion beginning under the paint on the inside of the drivers door, and the near side passenger door.
Body shop called today and said vw would pay half of the repair cost as a "goodwill gesture" but I would have to pay the other half.. £1320!? Sj Curtis said they have found that vw are doing that more and more lately..
I rang vw customer services and they had no idea why I had been quoted that figure (actually they didn't have much of an idea about anything). They are looking into it apparently.
I always end up moaning on this website which is a shame, because the website is great! What I am learning more and more though is that Vw isn't.
I shall be more than a little irritated if their anti perforation warranty is nothing more than words.. Will let you know what happens
Take care all!

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login