Suspension drops and wheel sizes - what kits?

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

ben306
B1
Passat model: B6 Estate

Suspension drops and wheel sizes - what kits?

Post by ben306 »

Sorry as I know its probably been covered a number of times, but as a newbie to the VW world, I'm just trying to get up to speed with stuff prior to me buying an estate.

Lowering springs = I can only seem to see them down to 40mm drop, with the exception is a FK kit which is 55mm front and 40mm rear on a saloon, assuming these will fit an estate also? My get a slightly lower drop to the back?

Coilovers = Seem some cheap coilovers for not much more than the springs that will give me a 60mm+ drop. Having seen what the quality, or lack of these are like in the French car world, wondering if they are the same for the Passat and should be avoided?

Wheels = I was initially thinking of 18s, but after looking through most of the photos on here, it appears most must be larger? What modifications are required for fitting 18inch wheels, 19inch wheels etc? Much catching, scrubbing?

Finally, could people put photos up of their own cars stating what drop and wheel size you've gone for so it can give me an idea, also if you've gone for the cheaper coilovers, how harsh is the ride as this will be my daily motor.

Cheers all

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login