Juddering/Shaking Passat is Driving me Crazy

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

billy187
B1
Passat model: B6

Juddering/Shaking Passat is Driving me Crazy

Post by billy187 »

Been trying to sort this problem out with my 2006 2.0 TDI BKP DSG Passat for the past 2-3 months now. Its been at a couple of different garages now for the past 5/6 weeks.

Problem i have had is that under acceleration the car would judder and completely shake and fail to pick up any speed. You could just about drive around locally but once you get up to speeds over 30mph it would be a nightmare. When the problem started a few months ago it would only ever do it occasionally at higher motorway speeds and has slowly got worse to the point where it now does it every time you drive the car.

Now the car was scanned by Pete on here using VCDS a couple of months ago and it showed no fault codes related to this.

After showing it too a few people they all pointed to the DSG box so i bought another second hand box and had it fitted, dsg service done when fitted and the car was exactly the same. Now it was unlikely that both boxes would have the exact same problem so we then ruled out it wasnt the box. I then had a new LUK dual mass flywheel fitted and again exactly the same problem.

Couple of days ago ive had a pair new of driveshafts fitted and again no difference.

Now ive had the car scanned again using VCDS and its shown up Injector No2 and the crank angle sensor i think (Could be cam sensor?)

Now the injector would explain the recent bad cold start and misfire type of problem from the engine. These were changed under the recall last year too by VW.

Garage is now thinking the that the judder is engine related, anyone got any ideas?

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login