2012 B7 2.0Tdi TPMS Issues, What Are My Options?

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

CzechAudi
still on the production line
Passat model: B7 Alltrack

2012 B7 2.0Tdi TPMS Issues, What Are My Options?

Post by CzechAudi »

I've been on the forum before, had a couple of B5s and a B6, Currently own a couple of Skoda Superbs and have just bought my first B7

The TPMS light is on and there is no button to cancel it, so I have the system with sensors in the wheels. The system shows only one of the sensors is working (OSR). I believe there are 3 options.

1. Replace and recode all the wheel sensors, not my favourite option as it doesn't seem like a very good system and I'd like to avoid future trouble.

2. Install the button and have the vehicle coded so that it uses the ABS system to calculate differences in tyre pressures as seen in earlier and later models. I understand I need to have the correct ABS module fitted, install the button and find someone who can code this. I think this is a good option as I've had/have it on other VAG group vehicles.

3. It might be possible to code out the TPMS system but I can't find any information on this.

I'm sure someone has been here before and can offer some helpful advice?

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login