Driver's door won't open with emergency key

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Stuart W
still on the production line
Passat model: B7 2014 1.6 TDi

Driver's door won't open with emergency key

Post by Stuart W »

Was having problems for a couple of days with central locking and electric windows not working on driver's side (front and rear). Switches not illuminating either. First noticed that door was showing as open on MFD when in fact was closed.

That came and went a couple of times, and was able to unlock driver's door with emergency key if it wouldn't open normally.

Now even that won't work, and when I turn the key in the lock nothing happens.

So I'm having to get into the car from the passenger side, but at least that seems to be OK. Car seems to be driving normally otherwise.

For what it's worth I got a new battery the other day, and it wasn't coded. It is a proper spec Yuasa AGM 096 battery though, and the stopstart is working again - it hasn't for a couple of years, which I'm assuming was because the battery was in poor condition. It was almost seven years old when replaced, and was the original battery.

This topic has 22 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login