Air con obsevation 1.6TDi

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

vwnig16
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

Air con obsevation 1.6TDi

Post by vwnig16 »

Hi All, new to this forum and would be interested in any similar observations you have encountered. I have recently taken ownership of a 2012 1.6TDi SE estate. Prior to this I had a 08 B6 2.0TDi SE estate. Overall I am really happy with new car and def much more economical than old one. Despite some comments on this forum I think 1.6 copes pretty well and have no complaints about overall performance. One thing I have noticed is difference the av mpg shows when I use air con, which recently has been quite a lot. I do 26 mile journey to work and without air con on av mpg is up to around 62 mpg by time I get to work (mix motorway/urban). Same journey with a/c on 45 mpg. I know a/c increases fuel use a bit but at that rate wonder if I am powering up a reserve engine or something. Maybe over a longer journey it settles down, off to Wales next week so we will see!

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login