Driving like a past it driver

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

hwang2000
B5.5
Passat model: b7

Driving like a past it driver

Post by hwang2000 »

Yesterday I was out in the car and I arrived in a car park and when trying to park the car it was lurching into the space. Next we drove further and I was parking uphill. I swung into the space in one move and selected reverse, so I had my reverse sensors, not to drive car as the hill was rather steep, releasing the foot brake gently and the car never rolled back.

Then I relaised what was going on. The auto hold was "ON". I put the parkbrake on and turned off the Auto-hold and then had to press the brake to release the parkbrake.All lights were still off next to the gearstick, all lights were off on the dash. Still the car just sat and would not roll back. Had to use the engine to overcome the brakes. Which when the brakes released, left me going backwards uncontrolled, till my foot got back on the brakes to stop the car.

Makes you look like a right ass to your passagers. No wonder the Passats get the name for past it drivers, when the cars own systems wants to drive like an old fart.

I have no idea how it got turned on as you do need to press and hold the button for ages. I never use the system as I have found it completly unreliable and rather dangerous. Today I found it even more dangerous than I thought it was.

So I'll be making sure it cannot be activated ever again, by unplugging the switch. Hopefully it wont cause a canbus fault, or any other things not to work. I know you cannot press two switches at the same time. Try and turn aircon and heated rear screen on/off at same time. The heater system just says =;

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login