ride comfort and voice control

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

graham964
Passat model: b7

ride comfort and voice control

Post by graham964 »

Hi
I have just taken delivery of a 170 sport estate and am generally fairly pleased with it but there are a couple of things that irritate which are as follows.

I got the car yesterday with 50 miles on the clock and ran it down the M5 today and I thought the wheels had been bolted on to the car without bothering with springs and dampers! I have since discovered that the tyre pressures according to the monitor should be 2.7bar all round which to be honest is a unit I cannot easily relate to but I have now found how to change this to psi and discovered that this corresponds to 39psi and my tyres are overinflated and are running at 43psi all round. This seems very high and I am tempted to reduce the pressures to 35psi all round to make the ride a little more compliant.The ride hasn't been mentioned by anybody on this forum but my old 5 series with sport suspension and run flats was far smoother than this and it has come as a bit of a surprise does anybody else have an issue or am I just getting old?

The other is that I have pored over the rn315 manual tring to get to grips with its various controls which by and large seems quite promising and I was particularly pleased that voice activation of the phone according to the manual is a featureof the 315. I spent a good hour trying to get this to work only to discover at a vw dealers later on that it is not activated on my Passat according to their computer system called ELSA and gave me a copy of the printout wghich shows what I have fitted and what I don't. irritatingly I guess it should be possible to have voice activation but it is not costed as an option as I guess they want you to buy the 510. I can sense an email to vw coming on but given the issue of 5 digit post codes and months of deliberation I do not hold out much hope to getting it switched on but I will try.

cheers

Graham

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login