Driver's side headlight + taillight stuck on

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

trapjaw
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

Driver's side headlight + taillight stuck on

Post by trapjaw »

Hi everyone. Yesterday my B5.5 1.9 TD 130 estate has suddenly developed a strange problem. Yesterday I took it for its MOT, and the tester found that the driver's side brake light bulb was dead. So I changed the bulb, then it passed MOT with no advisories.

Drove home, parked the car and headed inside, as usual. This morning, I went out to start the car to take my wife to work and saw that the rear cluster was on, dimly. Oh no. Checked the front, and the front headlight was on dimly too. Light switch in the car was off- I'm meticulous about that. Battery was too dead to start the car, so I had to take wife to work on my motorbike.

I'm busy charging the battery now. This morning I took out and swapped bulbs around in the rear cluster, plugged and unplugged it, but no matter what I do, the driver's side lights stay on permanently. What's gone wrong? The car has never done anything like this before, and all I yesterday was change the brake light bulb.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login