Handling issue?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

K2edg
B1
Passat model: B5 TDI

Handling issue?

Post by K2edg »

Hi all,

I have a 99 TDI B5 Passat and i'm not sure if i have an issue or just how they are..........

It kinda feels like it has a bad damper or antiroll bar on the front and doesn't feel right when you load up the front suspension..... for example if change lanes on the Motorway fairly aggressively (say left lane to the middle) it dives on the front right quite dramatically making the car feel very unstable. It also does it at fairly low speed on windy b roads etc.

As i thought it was just bad dampers, i've just fitted a new set of Sachs Springs and shocks on all four corners but it still does it. I have had a look at the antiroll bar and drop links which seem fine (there is no knocking from the suspension)

So now i'm starting to think maybe bad engine mounts or something like that? the car has done 160k now and although there was no purple oil round them the engine mounts do feel a bit soft and i had to change the snub mount recently because it was beaten to death.

The only other thing i could think of was tires, i currently have the original 205/60/15's on and they do have quite large sidewalls..... i have 32psi all round but maybe it's the tire rolling i can feel?

I hope this makes sense :roll:

Cheers.

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login