AFN Misfire.......

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

K2edg
B1
Passat model: B5 TDI

AFN Misfire.......

Post by K2edg »

Hi all.

So today i had a bit of a weird thing happen, the missus was on her way out to work so as it was bloody freezing i thought i'd kick the car up and let it warm up a bit...... so it had been idling 5 mins or so (the water temp gauge had just moved off the stop) and the missus said "Look at all the black smoke" so like you do i said it will be fine the first time you rev it, so she rev'd it briefly but quite hard (yep woman!!) after that it started running on three and REALLY black smoking :roll: so i fearing she had done some damage, i knocked it off and had a good look over it (couldn't see anything wrong) so i started it again and as i went round the front to check which cylinder was missing it cleared....

TBH i thought it had been running well recently (just had a new turbo fitted and a few oil leaks fixed) but it has always Black smoked a bit when it's cold...... as it's now done 150k i thought maybe some thing was on it's way out (Maybe a bad injector or some thing like that).

Has anyone else come across some thing like this? i don't mind admitting it really s**t me up and i had visions of being elbow deep in VW...... but it seems to be running ok again? on top of that i filled it up at lunch time and it had done 49mpg which is good for it (usually sits about 44-46mpg).

Bit odd but i thought i'd ask in case it is some thing failing.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login