Rear door won't unlock or open

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Danielwadey
Passat model: B5.5

Rear door won't unlock or open

Post by Danielwadey »

Hi, advice needed on diagnosing the fault with my drivers side rear door not opening (2005 B5.5 1.9tdi estate). I know there's a lot written about it but there seems to be so many different faults it could be i can't find a definite answer about what to do. Here's what's happening:

Door will not open from either outside or inside

Was never intermittent, just one day it worked and the next it did not and haven't been able to open it since.

When central locking is operated the little lock stalk does not come up like on the other doors.

When the inside handle is pulled the stalk goes up but then jumps back down again when the handle is released.

I have tried removing the rubber boot to the wiring and wiggling wires round while pressing unlock button but hasn't made a difference.

Window and speaker still work.

The child lock was definitely off.

Could it be wiring? Lock actuator? Cable to either handle? Do i need to start taking the door card off or is there other things i can try first?

Car has 220k miles and suspect it started out in life as a taxi if that makes any difference!

Thanks in advance :-P

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login