Nearside headlight issue 01 B5.5 Passat wagon

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

az_tdi
B1
Passat model: b5.5

Nearside headlight issue 01 B5.5 Passat wagon

Post by az_tdi »

Hello folks i have a bit of an issue at the minute and just looking for some help or advice. After the small bang ith my passat last year i fitted some aftermarket headlamps that I got for a decent price. They have worked perfectly until labout a month ago when the left side (near side) dipped beam stopped working, when i wiggled the wire that connected to the bulb it came back on then went off. The other day i tried again and it didnt come on, I changed the bulbs and still nothing. I have another pair of aftermarket headlamps i tried them and still nothing for the dipped beam, i tried both headlamps into each connector on each side and i found that the connector on the left side would not turn on the dipped beam.

I have then today gone down to VEEDUBS in gateshead they tested the plug connector on the left side and found two power outputs one for side lights one for dipped beam meaning the plug is sending power. VEEDUBS then tried a standard headlamp already tested on a different car and still the same thing. I have replaced the headlight switch with two other switches and still nothing. The nearside dipped beam remains off. Im running out of ideas ive been told to take the car to an auto electrics shop.
Passat pd130 TDI AWX

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login