Leaking Windscreen

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

rozza
B1

Leaking Windscreen

Post by rozza »

Hi All,

I had my windscreen replaced before christmas by a well known glass replacement company. Once complete I noted that it didn't have the VW logos and when I asked I was informed that the insurance company I am with no longer authorises the installation of oem windscreens. However, the glass that they have installed allegedly comes from the same factory and for all intents and purposes is exactly the same (less the VW logo).

Since having the new windscreen installed it has creaked every time I go round the corner (like it is rubbing on the dash). I reported this to the installers and they replaced it with a new screen. Since then the top left hand corner (passenger side) has been leaking. I have reported it again and they came back out and re-fitted the window but it is still leaking. I have reported it yet again and they are now saying I have to get it water tested at their yard (fair enough) and they will re-fit it if necessary.

I am getting pretty fed up with this but wanted to know whether there is actually any difference between oem and non-oem windscreens. Given my oem screen (which was a replacement a few years ago by the same company) never leaked.

Also whether anyone is aware of any other reasons there could be a leak around the top left corner of the windscreen (looking at it forn inside the car) e.g. a known problem area for B5.5 passats?

Apologies for the long tedious post and many thanks in advance :D .

R

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login