Hope some one can put my mind at ease?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

abi-anderson
still on the production line
Passat model: b5.5

Hope some one can put my mind at ease?

Post by abi-anderson »

Hi guys first of all i have a passat tdi b5.5 owned it almost from new, always been very well maintained regular oil changes / filters ect , one cold morning start up it after a few seconds will give of a little shake then stop but i was told a while ago the baffles in my middle box had gone causing thr exhaust to vibrate alittle more, could this be the fault? Any way i decided to get the glow plugs change my partner friend owns his own garage , so we took the engine cover of last night & heard a very slight scrape or thud like noise coming from the camshaft area , so while at the garage today he got the stethascope out and could hear a slight noise , he removed the cam cover he said every thing looked fine not much wear at all and oil was getting to the top fine , he suggested maybe letting the problem progress a little more untill it was clear what the cause was , once the engine cover is back on you cant hear any noise & actually sounds healthy unlike most i hear, just curious what your views and thoughts are? Is it safe to carry on using to be honest i think im nit picking but need my mind put at ease thank you x

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login