Help!!....engine Problem!! Knocking!!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Jigs

Help!!....engine Problem!! Knocking!!

Post by Jigs »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, Iam seriously confused..and helpless here. Really need this issue sorting out!...

I was driving along..and I hear a tapetty noise from the engine, It seemed rather strange, the noise, not a normal diesel thing you see.. I was told to stop driving, dont want the engine seizing up, just in case, and so I am without my baby!..not too keen on expensive repairs either!..Ok, Iam gonna bullet point the symptons..
- Loud tapetty noise, both at idle, and revving (tapetty noise increasing with revving), regardless of being in gear..seems to be coming from back part, near the oil cap.. I dont think there is a loss in power, but I didnt really wanna push it too much!..
- No engine management light, nor a oil light, thinking the oil is not getting up there, (perhaps a oil pump issue)..by the way I have checked oil level!.. I am still told by a few that it could be the oil pump, but I do not wanna go into changing oil pump, its like doing the whole timing belt again, isnt it??!.. well, my water pumps hasnt been changed!..lol..
- Turbo and power is still there..Idles normally too..

Its a 2000 Tdi PD 115..only 82K on clock..and cambelt done at bout 60K, like it deserves!..

Your thoughts will be much appreciated on this, thanks...

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login