ABS

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

k33p it low
B3

ABS

Post by k33p it low »

Hi,
ive got a problem with my front left brake and I think it might be the abs, because i have heard so many things going wrong with it on the passat.
Problem is, when I brake the front left wheel is juddering and it feels like the abs is coming in and it pulls towards the left.
now, I have a look on the forum and someone said that the light in the dash would stay on if the sensors were damaged or dirty. but the wierd thing is, the abs light is not on in the dash, so what could that be?
I took the wheel off today and checked the pads and the disc. the pads had lots of meat on them and the discs were fine too, since the brakes were done 8000miles ago when I bought the car.
I have heard about a doddgy connection within the abs-ecu, but does the abs light not come on when this is the case.

would be great if someone could shed some light into this, because I dont know what to do now(I also checked for loose connections at the abs unit, but couldnt find any)
if your not rubbin, your not dubbin

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login