AWX Damaged Coolant Hose

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mattbarber
B2
Passat model: B5.5 Highline

AWX Damaged Coolant Hose

Post by mattbarber »

Hi all,

B5.5 AWX 130 54 plate, 140k miles.

Changed my fuel filter today and noticed something....

There is a narrow coolant hose which runs between the left hand side of the fuel filter bracket and the nearest to that glow plug lead.

The coolant line had clearly been rubbing on the fuel filter bracket which does have fairly sharp edges to it.
There are 3 short rubber protection sleeves on that hose, but all looked out of place and gave no protection from the fuel filter bracket. I couldn't easily shift them and didn't want to force anything in case the coolant hose split.

Looked pretty bad but no leaks. Managed to put some butyl putty into the crack and then some sticky backed foam onto the filter housing. Hopefully I caught it just in time.....

The coolant line vanishes behind the rocker cover towards the bulkhead and under the fuel pump....not sure if it's easy to replace as I can't see where it terminates under the fuel pump area.

Any suggestions? Would I be able to do it by feel? The other end is easy, it simply clips into the metal pipe up top towards the radiator.

Here's a pic of my shoddy repair!
download/file.php?mode=view&id=10271
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login