Are My 312mm Brakes Safe?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

renegaderacer
B4
Passat model: B5.5 1.8T Estate

Are My 312mm Brakes Safe?

Post by renegaderacer »

Hi guys,

A quick question to anyone who's fitted 312mm discs. I've just bought some Pagid 312mm discs of the Bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331948473238? ... EBIDX%3AIT and the relevant carriers to upgrade the braking on my 2001 1.8T. All was going fine until I went to fit the disc and realised that although the PCD and offset was right, the centre bore seemed much larger than the old disc as I had to lift it up to line it up with the bolt holes. This is strange as it states the centre bore is 68mm like the old ones. Not only is now a pain in the backside to bolt the wheel on (will have to invest in one of those wheel hanger tools) but I'm thinking it's potentially dangerous as the disc is now 'floating'. I'm going to measure the disc centre hole when I get back to see what size it is ( I know, I should've done that when I was changing the brakes) but was wondering if anyone knew if it is normal to have larger centre holes on discs and more importantly, if it's safe to drive it.
Cheers,

Giles ;)

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login