Fitting an aftermarket stereo

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

MightyBoosh
B1
Passat model: b5.5 TDI 130

Fitting an aftermarket stereo

Post by MightyBoosh »

i've used the search function however some posts seem to contradict each other so apologies for yet another post about stereos!

i have a Sony Bluetooth headunit that i took out my old car before i p/x'd it.
at the moment my passat has the standard Gamma headunit and a 6 disc CD changer underneath (on the dashboard)...im presuming these are 2 separate single din sized units - is this correct? as my sony is a single din i was thinking of taking the radio out and just leave the 6 disc changer in the dash so theres not a gaping hole (any maybe fit a storage tray or something later on).

now i have the leads that came with the headunit and for my citroen i had to buy an adapter to connect it all up. is this the same with the passat? if so should an ebay jobbie suffice? i have NO steering wheel controls so wouldnt need a fancy adapter to keep the controls.

i also have a lead connected to the ariel plug on my headunit, i presume this is an adapter or maybe just an extension.

is there anything i've missed an need to buy? if so let me know thanks.

im getting bored of listening to the same old 6 CDs each day...bluetooth is the way forward! :ymdaydream:

edit: its a 53 plate passat

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login