2004 Passat 2.0 20v

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

blobbyknobby
still on the production line
Passat model: b3,b4,b5.5

2004 Passat 2.0 20v

Post by blobbyknobby »

So weird issues that I cant seem to identify.
The coil packs started failing fe months back, causing a hunting and eventually a rough idle when it failed.
I replaced the faulty one to start with, then the other 3 a few months later the idle stabilised after replacing the
1st one.

Now months later I noticed the hunting/varying idle returning. So i replaced the packs again. on changing them I noticed there was some oil round the plugs, is this normal? The hunting idle seemed fine with new coil packs, for a few days.

Now ive checked and found various vacuum pipe work needing replaced, the simple stuff ive replaced. the more complex rubber pipe work I cant find either vag name to reorder them.
Now after replacing/repairing what i can of the pipework the fuel economy seems to be awful round town, longer distance driving seem similar to before.

Next, the climate control unit when on low fan setting seems to pulsate, instead of constant blowing.
When the engine is switched off there sounds like a vacuum leak in the plenum infront of the drivers side?

Any help much appreciated..

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login