New clutch needed after remap :/

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

shanny
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

New clutch needed after remap :/

Post by shanny »

Hi everyone,

Just after some advice please. I got the car remapped the other day and the extra torque is making my clutch slip when the turbo kicks in. So i can only put my foot down between 3 - 5,000 revs. So most of the power is un achieveable. I got the car a year ago and it apparently has all its service history but theres nothing to say its had a new clutch and its done 95k.
The guy from chiptuners.co.uk said he thinks my clutch is 80% worn and needs replacing. Will a new standard clutch for my 130bhp (now 175bhp) 5 speed be ok to handle the new power or do i need a bigger one?
People say you need to change the flywheel too. All this will be very expensive and im worried.
How much will it all cost to replace?
Has anyone here had my problem?

I have a 6 hour trip to Bodmin coming up. If i drive carefully and not make the clutch slip, will the clutch last, or will it deteriorate? It doesnt slip when i boot it after 3,000 revs and its still much faster than it ever was. As it is not slipping then, does that mean i can continue to do so and it will not break?

Thanks all. Sorry its a long rant!

Matt

This topic has 24 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login