B5.5 questions???

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

dhplumb
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

B5.5 questions???

Post by dhplumb »

Hi there guys not long purchased a 02, 130tdi sport estate. This is my 7 passat as i love em, ranging from b3,b4 and b5s. However this one has caused me a few issues!, picked up from the dealers no probs got home no worries a few days of driving no issues then one day picked my son up from school he jumped out of his seat behind the drivers and said to me daddy why are my feet dripping wet!!!, on closer inspection the footwell was dripping wet!. So i started to look for probs, lifted the bonnet and removed the scuttle cover and there was a hole where the bonnet release cable goes through!, got a new grommet fitted and checked ecu seal all is good and so is the pollen filter side.
Now the central locking is giving me some hassle all the doors lock off the remote bar the drivers to get it to work you have to really slam door!, is this water damage or a fault with the locking mech in door??.
As you can imagine the carpet is wet so have pulled the back up best i can removed the foam cause its like a bloody sponge!, any tips on drying out??.
Also sometimes whilst driving all the instruments cut out i.e speedo,revs,fuel,petrol,clock only very occasionally, for a few secounds then back into life!, any ideas?..
Cheers guys have include so pics see what you guys think???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login