312mm brake upgrade issue!! :(

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

chrispy
still on the production line

312mm brake upgrade issue!! :(

Post by chrispy »

I upgraded my passats brakes with Audi S3 carriers, 312mm discs and some standard pads yesterday.

I checked the carriers and everything was very similar apart from obviously being slightly wider. I was careful with the choice of discs and made sure i bought the correct ones with the right offset etc, and i checked the pads against the old ones and made sure they were the same.

Everything went on well and i bled up the brakes as normal. It was dark by the time i went to drive it last night and this morning i went to have a look at them after driving 20miles.

This is what i can see this morning, its a gap between the outer pad and the discs! and its on both sides. Has anybody every had this problem? Is the pad just stuck on the carrier and could it just be a case of just tapping the caliper in where it is touching the carrier?

Hope someone can help, oh and the brakes are much better but its clearly not quite right.

Thanks

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login