wet front passager footwell

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

biz69
B5
Passat model: B5 S TDI Est 90

wet front passager footwell

Post by biz69 »

i noticed the dreaded wet footwell so last weekend done the plenum drains by the look of it someone done it in the past and removed the gromit under the battery and was not blocked but the one under the ufo type thing was so pushed all the muck through :?

then i noticed there was water in the hole under the pollen filter so went to vw and got some of the sticky rubber stuff to fix that and a suttle panel (mine was broke in half) and new filter (looked like it had not been changed for ages).

with those done i thought great that should fix it well now there is even more water in the footwell :mad: :evil:

is there any other cause's of this it seems like its coming from the front of the car as its wet all down the front of the footwell and not down the sides which does not point to the door sills leaking or could it still be them?

or is it gonna have to be a carpet out jobbie and get a hose on it to see where its coming from?

cheers
biz

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login