My B5.5 sport V's my Insignia

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

Steve Smith
B1
Passat model: B5.5

My B5.5 sport V's my Insignia

Post by Steve Smith »

I have a Passat sport 03MY 130bhp that my wife generally runs as the family car, i have a Insignia sports tourer diesel 160 bhp as a company car and i have been comparing the two. Given the newer car is a considerably newer design and in many peoples opinion the best of its class & i love it too but the fact is whenever i get back into the passat i get out of it thinking what a great car, the wife really prefers the vw too. The passat has the Insignia licked for low down torque, urban economy, interior legroom and a smoother ride quality over most surfaces. What i dont understand is why the passat was not held in higher regard when it was a current model, i know it is not the best looking car even though i like its classy look and i know on the 'limit' the mondeo is probably the better handling car but in real life ownership the passat i feel must have been one extremly underated car.

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login