Engine problem!

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

pointer
B2
Passat model: B6 Diesel Estate

Engine problem!

Post by pointer »

:-?? :-?? I thought I had oil leaks due to oil seals but it has got worse ever since I changed the camshaft seal. In addition I have now got bad leaks from the camshaft/rocker box cover. This has all started since I topped up with fully synthetic oil but that may be a coincidence!

I checked the oil pressure which from cold start is in excess of 100 psi but soon gets to about 80 psi eventually getting quite low when engine is hot. I took cylinder pressures when engine was up to temperature. They are as follows as PSI's No1 184, No2 184, No3 190 and No4 174. :sad:

I do not have water loss problems of any consequence but can only think of two possibilities a) cylinder head gasket has failed on oil passage ways or b) valve guides need attention on cylinder No 3, and I think it is probably the latter that is the culprit. #-o :cry:

Is there any quicker solution as I am not able (at 74) to start lifting cylinder heads etc etc etc ? :-s nor can I afford garage fees :-?

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login