Door lock electrical connections

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

pointer
B2
Passat model: B6 Diesel Estate

Door lock electrical connections

Post by pointer »

I have had problems with the drivers door locking so I removed the handle and disconnected the lead. On checking connections, one was pretty corroded, so having an old broken door handle I cut the lead from that and joined it to the door handle after cutting away the corroded connection. I then realised that part of the door handle mechanism had snapped, so again I swapped the broken part with that from the old broken door handle.

As the colours of the leads were different from each other, I decided to check the operation of the handles internal switch. Unfortunately, that was not successful so decided to purchase a replacement.

However, before the replacement arrived and having fitted the handle back on the door, absent mindedly I turned the key in the lock and was surprised when all doors and the petrol filler flap locked!

I have looked into my Haynes manual without success. I do realise that there is another switching mechanism inside the door itself that probably operates the central locking, but as the handles electrical connections were not connected, what are they for? :???:

This topic has 17 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login