Slipped into the b2 realm...

The older generation of passats, do you have some tech help for us....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

chriswilliams
B3
Passat model: b5

Slipped into the b2 realm...

Post by chriswilliams »

Been quite some time since I've last posted, I've still kept an eye in as still have my b5 which has done me well.
Anyway, another drunk eBay session has yielded this beauty

Image[/URL

Been busy cracking on with it the past week. Core plug missing from engine so had to replace that along with cam belt, shot water pump and plugs leads etc plus got loads more bits in the grand gsf weekly 40% sales.

[URL=http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/whatw ... 5.jpg.html]Image

Cleaned engine bay with truck wash and jet wash, come up a treat, got loads to get painted up and after about 30 seconds of cranking fired back into life. Main issue I have is radiator is shot, quite expensive to replace. Plus thermostat housing is cracked

Plugged with silicon but holds its drink.

A pre washed engine

Headliner removed and stripped, already broken in two, most likely due to a dodgy sunroof retrofit, at first used brake cleaner but made the old foamy adhesive ultra gloopy and used alot of presious brake cleaner, moved onto warm soapy water and it worked a treat, ready for bit of fibreglass repair and recovering, hopefully the resin won't eat the material.

This topic has 53 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login