Newbie with 86 Passat 1.6D says hello

The older generation of passats, do you have some tech help for us....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Blzeedub
still on the production line

Newbie with 86 Passat 1.6D says hello

Post by Blzeedub »

Hello all.
Ive recently joined up as I bought an 86 Passat 'hatchback' 1.6D, and was looking at 'on-line' help with my 'new car' car...
I live in Southern Ireland and I also own a 77 VW Bus, a 91 Vw Caddy 1.9TD and a boring 96 nissan almera 1.4...
The plan was to take the useful bits (big rad, olde school ariel) off the passat as i didnt pay a whole lot for it; mainly due to the fact that it hasnt been started in 10 months and its sat under a tree for the best part of 10months and is covered in green slime. Its well crusty!! The guy who I bought it off used it as a 'field car' before parking it up; the interior will really need to be gutted...
...on the upside I did get another engine with it and the tax book is present. As they are a rare sight here nowadays, I think I might put it back on the road, perhaps running it on veggie oil; time will tell...

I still need to pick it up; which i am doing on Tuesday... was wondering, for transportation purposes, what is the overall length, and also the wheel base of these cars... can anyone help...??

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login