B7 Passat Slowmotion

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Mjj4
still on the production line
Passat model: B4

B7 Passat Slowmotion

Post by Mjj4 »

Some of you may have seen my beloved and trusty B4 saloon that was one of the best cars i've owned, well after briefly moving over to an Audi A4 B7, I'm back in a Passat!

So with buying a house and my work commute being nearly 60 miles a day, I thought i'd get something that's efficient, comfortable and has a few nice features to keep me happy on my journeys. This landed me with a 2011 B7 Passat 1.6 Slowmotion Tech SE. Here are the pics from the advert:

In standard form with FVWSH it seemed the ideal daily commuter. It's in brilliant condition apart from a dent to the drivers rear arch, and a large stone chip on the leading edge of the bonnet. The inside is like new and comes with DAB, cruise, full media connectivity in glovebox, aux in, auto lights and wipers blah blah blah. Nothing special but DAB and cruise and important for me!

First things first, what better way to improve a nice comfy ride than some £140 TA Technix coilovers?

Fitted the coilovers with the rear cups out and fronts wound all the way down but wasn't happy with the result, not very low at the front and reverse rake :angry:

A couple of weeks later I did a cambelt change and whilst the drivers wheel was off I thought it would be rude not to try some old Merc AMG wheels I had lying around

First impressions were better than expected so after swapping 2 tyres for smaller sizes, I fitted the Merc wheels

I still wasn't happy with the way the front was sitting, so i cut 10mm off the bottom of the coilover, and removed the bottom adjuster ring (another 6mm). Together these made just enough difference for it to sit right :)

Here's what I mean about cutting the bottom of the coilover, I didn't take any pictures after this as I got carried away working and forgot!

All back together, looking much better imo

Some random photos

The obligatory petrol station photo

The also obligatory stock vs lowered photo

More soon :D
Last edited by Mjj4 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login