My B6 build :)

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Phil Miller
B3
Passat model: B6

My B6 build :)

Post by Phil Miller »

Hi all recently replaced my mk5 golf with a 58 plate 1.9TDI estate

Black with heated black leather, highline cluster and 17in alloys

strange it doesnt have auto wipers and lights or fogs but has a 30byte CECM

Anyway, first off it has covered (although ive since found out it hasnt) 130K i got it for a bargain price as it had a knocking noise (BXE common issue) so i bought some forged rods, but then after finding the crank was damaged and the lower cylinder skirt marked i replaced it with a BKC

I then set about putting my mark on an already lovely car, I first replaced the windscreen for one thats for auto wipers, got the dimming mirror and headlight switch, just the wiring to get then fit.

Next up was an OE handsfree kit, at this point i found on Ebay a 9w2 system from China for £50, fitted it and works a treat :)

I then started looking at active cruise control and saw i needed to upgrade to the coloured cluster, so the hunt was on, but during my hunt found that to fit ACC to a PD engined car it had to be DSG :(

Not to be down hearted i bought a white cluster with blue needles from our very own genius Jaraz, along with the loom to convert my climatronic to the B7 panel

Cluster arrived today, all fitted and looking sweet

Plans inc B7 consol and gear surround switches, retrofitting front fogs and fitting R bumpers and skirts

Engine wise ive remapped it although i think my EGR valve gasket is leaking as ive got a whistle :(

As with my cars before this has started with a few plans and im sure (esp now ive seen Jaraz thread) will get totally out of hand and my wife will get the hump, so i must remember to have parts sent to the garage instead of home lol

Will add pictures later
Millers Motor Services
Launceston
Cornwall

This topic has 74 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login