ants 110 loon - re-fitting the interior

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ants110tdi
B6
Passat model: B5 1.9 TDi 110

ants 110 loon - re-fitting the interior

Post by ants110tdi »

So guys, heres my passat. finally managed to upload pics from photobucket :mrgreen:

anyway i bought this beast from my dad in july for ....well lets just say a good price with FVWSH , 9months mot and 2 months tax.
its a 98 1.9l TDi 110 SE afn.

i was just planning to keep it clean and tidy because having 3 kids but then one night i was bored and found this website.... and WOW..... didnt know that there was so many helpfull people on here all with very good ideas, i could see that my car had potential so i registered and set to work on finding out do's and dont's to do to my car.

anyway i decided to modify her :-bd....

after messing about with my son i tort id take a funny pic while waiting for missus at asda, needless to say....she was not impressed hahaha.

any way as i was on a tight budjet i wanted to get some sound in my car as the standard tape player and cd changer were poo so i bought this Image and it came with this aswell Image not bad for £30 and its not bad quality either which is a bonus untill i get a full boot install later this year.

as i was looking at all the b5's on here i came accross a silver b5 loon the a guy called CHIN owned....anyway i started reading his huge build page and all i can say is WOW :-bd ....saw alot oif ideas and potential things that i could do to mine so as i needed tyres desperatly i saw that RICHPK was selling some 16" audi sportline alloys in gloss black all with good pirelli p6000's on so got them for £90 and transformed the look from this Image Image too this Image Image

Anyway as it now was looking like a 4x4 i was going to order some coilovers BUT....water leak :(( ... i tryed radweld to just bog it up for a while untill i got paid but still leaked like crazy but couldnt find a leak.....in the end i got fed up with putting 2pints of water in everyday so decided to go on the look for new water system....anyway 2days later a woman had her car wrote off by a waggon slamming into the rear of her so there it was parked on the drive way calling me to get parts from it,knocked on the door and explained my situation and she said i see you valeting your car all the time, if you valet my new car next week then ill let you take anything you want from the car....i said ok deal....went home got my tools and back down the road 100yards away to get the parts i needed.......
radiator
watter hoses includeing matrix pipes
header bottle and cap and few othere screws and nutts that my car was missing...
as i didnt need anything else off the car the woman had it towed away the the clouds...
well i fitted all the parts and was good untill the snowy spell we had over christmas Image Image Image
.....it suddenly started drinking 1litre water aday so i limited my use untill i could get the car to a garage...anyway they did a sniff test after i told them everything that had gone on and instantly said its the head gasket :((

luckily i knew someone who works at ECP so got parts cheap and also my mates a mechanic so he got it all done for me....had to get the engine stripped to find the problem and it looked like this Image and saw that there was a lake within my engine...found the problem and sent the head to be skimmed at my mates uncles work rolls royce, came back skimmed and rebuilt the engine doint the cambelt and fitted a water pump Image and then it was all working fine :-bd
got told to drive it carfull and NOT to rag it untill the engine has bedded in and done a full service in 650 miles time... well by this time the MOT was around the corner and needed drivers uppersuspension arms, rear pads, passanger cv boot and new headlights as they were pitted to badly to sand down and bring back to life....so its currently off the road awaiting work to be done for the MOT and also decided to do some things to her while she was looking sad sat on the front for the next few weeks sooooo .... i remembered seeing chins pics and thourght ImageImageImage
also saw that he'd retrimmed the A post so i thort id try the full lot , set to work taking everything out A,B,C post and roof linning Image Image Image
Last edited by ants110tdi on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 12 times in total.
The tank is what my loon is known as and its true, it may break and cost me money BUT it is built like a tank and that's indestructible :-D.
viewtopic.php?t=33370

This topic has 179 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login