4a4 - Fjord Blue B5 - *mp3 reader modification*

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

4a4
B5.5
Passat model: B5 1.8T Sport

4a4 - Fjord Blue B5 - *mp3 reader modification*

Post by 4a4 »

well, finally decided to stick up a couple of details about the auto-barge, with some equally sparse gape pics :D

i bought my 1999 1.8T in June 2008, i've had dubs for 6 years including a decked silver 3dr mk2 golf on black 14'' steels with silver lips and polished mk1 gls centres, that i managed to squeeze over a set of trimmed and fettled mk2 centres, i had a rat rusty gold-brown 3 dr driver with brown velour interior, and a small boating lake in the rear footwells :D
now loads of my mates have dubs - corrado g60's, 1.8t mk1s and 2s, caddys, sciroccos, passats, polos etc
it all started with my red 5 dr mk2 1300 - ooh the power!debadged grille, bit 'o' lows and bbs ra's, bit of a system, crystal headlights, repeaters etc when i was 17.
my girlfriend is on her second mk3 gti
the first was a blue colour concept 3dr
we've now got her a red 5dr, as our daughter is almost 3, and it was a game trying to get her in her seat in a 3dr!
i've loved dubs since i was 14, probably influenced by my mate's mum's black mk3 tdi, that we started getting bits for, when we discovered online shops and ebay!
i used to work for OEM Parts and VW Speed http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/index.php until he had to relocate
did looooooads of $hit jobs, but now i work for Lotus, building these -
and of course, the battery powered sportscar
the Tesla Roadster Sport
VERY.FECKING.FAST....oh, and silent!!!!!

anyway, i digress
i bought it on 130k, 3rd owner with a high spec.
i needed a big car, always loved the passat, and it ended up being the cheapest vw with a 1.8T
i looked at about 5 different cars, and i'm not sure if people are familiar with this - but 3/5 people selling 20v passats say they have turbos....when there is clearly no snail lurking under the bonnet...
eventually found my car on that famous auction site - where 60% of my transactions occur
drove from norwich...to kidderminster . sitting in my sister's 03 mini cooper - with the glovebox opening, and hitting my knee - quite literally every 30 seconds...for over 3 hours!
it was an ex- vw dealer demo car, so came pretty well specced as a sport model
leathers,climatronic, vw rns mfd sat nav (double din bizzle)
sunroof, cd changer etc etc
in the last year and a bit i have fitted/modded/bought due to be fitted tomorrow (no order)
*18'' RH Toplines with no smoking stickers until my centers turn up - 8.5J on the front with 225/40 (soon to be 215s, maybe 205s and arch rollage due to horrific scrubbage on corners - i need proper lows on the front, the rears sit much better - gets me :cry: ) 9.5s with 235/40s propping the bum
*hottuning coilies
*genuine hella hid headlights(yes the boom shankur ones with the ballast built in, trust me, they are so much better than the standard ones i had)
*crystal side repeaters
*forge div valve
*forge fmmapt with all silicone hoses for i/c
*jap spec bumper insert
*pressed short front plate, relocated to off side lower front + trimmed lower griles
*cam cover blasted and powdercoated cream
*inlet manifold half brushed
*b5.5 scuttle cover, with battery cover, cut corner tabs
*scuttle cover rubber seal turned upside down, with 16 repair washers propping bonnet up to aid better airflow
*v5 power steering fluid cover
*THS decat
* 501white led side lights +white led number plate lights
*motormeter boost gauge in blue/red illumination to match the indiglo mutha-what
*hong kong ebay jobbie mp3 usb stick reader - reads as the cd changer...obviously didn't work when i got it, bit of a rewire, and figured out that the earth needed latching every time the rns was turned on, so installed a small PTM switch mounted in one of the blank din fascia edging panels - now reads mp3s in folders labeled CD01, CD02 etc, handy with my 64gb usb stick :)
*semi coded interior cream interior with genuine oem black gearknob and gaiter, black glovebox, black speaker grilles
*upsoluted ecu 198bhp
*american bootlid swapped with jordan TTB5, flushed, then had the keyhole smoothed and painted
*american pressed rear plate
*import plastic plate for road use
*debadged grille
*no undertray or bracket
*full powerflex polybush, and new front arms and t.r.e's
*brembo discs, pagid pads, ate calipers - 312 upgrade next
*aero wipers etc

i'm sure there's more, but thats all i can remember at the minute :D

i'll get some decent ones soon, and stick them up

oh, and it was my birthday the other day, and have recently started skateboarding again (much to the destruction of my legs), so got some vouchers for the local skate shop, and bought a new deck for the first time in 7-8 years! :D
my other ride

(i've even now polybushed my skateboard!haha)

oh and i make tunes as well - don't really get the time for it anymore, but check out
http://www.myspace.com/4a4nusense

all first mixes - none are finished, and i also have to stick my new ones up anyway....
don't think i'm strictly dnb or dance!i love reggae!!!uk hiphop!!older u.s hiphop - old wu and spin offs like gravediggaz and genius/gza and blues, jazz, old skool hardcore, metal, punk, ska, two-tone, classical,classic rock, dubstep, jungle, idm...etc etc

i digress again...
i'm off to bed
sports cars to build in the mooorrrnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnn.......zzzzzzz
Last edited by 4a4 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'99 1.8T Sport

This topic has 30 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login