B5.5 Boring and on a Budget!

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

aman23
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: b5.5

B5.5 Boring and on a Budget!

Post by aman23 »

I have been on the forum for a few years and never attempted a build thread. Probably because I try my best to keep the car as close to standard as possible.

But reading a few other members threads, it's a good place to put updates instead of tagging onto the end of everyone else's.

I really enjoy reading the few build threads there are and it gives me ideas and improvements to try myself. Even though I won't be doing anything new or hasn't been done before, it should keep all my random stuff together.

I will update and put pictures up when I can. But I will start of by some things I bought from carparts4less.

I now have 2 new GKN cv boots to put on to the car. One I changed when I did the outer cv joint a few years back from J&R. The other has been on the car since 2009 from a past MOT failure.

The older one is showing signs of wear so for the price of 16 pounds I will change them both. More of a preventive measure because as we all know it's only a matter of time. Should be a service item really. But once changed I will keep my eye on them.

The pollen filter is the latest one from Mann. Frecious Plus and was just under 10 pounds. Again it doesn't need doing but will hopefully be an improvement over the carbon activated one I have.

Lastly I ordered a Mann oil filter, simply because you can never have enough of these lol. Was about 4 pounds so will save the headache of trying to source one when needed.

So there we have it. Boring and on a budget.

This topic has 382 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login