Newbie to the forum

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Scirocco Steve
Passat model: B2 CL and B4 Tdi

Newbie to the forum

Post by Scirocco Steve »

Hi all. New to the forum although not so much to VW's. I have over the years owned far to many usually of the mark 2 / b2 vintage. Polos, Golfs, Sciroccos, Passats etc. I've been after a b2 Passat Estate for a long time and one a b5 tdi sport. So on an odd week last week where knowing the end of the road was coming for the B5 (just too much work needed for MOT and 300,000 on the clock) and I randomly got a text out of the blue. A car I'd left a note on asking if they wanted to sell about 5 years ago asking if I was still interested in her?. I'd spoken to the owner when I originally left the note and she had had the car for years and didnt want to sell so I gave her some numbers for parts places etc and thought no more of it. Well all these years later and the B2 is in a sorry state and has just failed its MOT on welding again so she decided it was time for a new home. So I find myself owning a fairly rotten red b2 and a fairly rotten red b5 lol. I am going to start stripping down the b2 this week and will be starting the search for panels and hopefully once welded up and straight again.... I'm going to see how hard it is to put the 1.9tdi lump in to the b2. Anyway that's my tale so far. Any help or advice definitely appreciated.