New!

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

TwoVDub
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

New!

Post by TwoVDub »

Howdy all!

I’ve been the proud owner of a b5.5 1.8t estate Sport (54) for about two years - not sure I would agree much about the ‘sport’ bit....

The car itself is in great condition, and now with 108 k on it. It makes a great family wagon and is an impressive cruiser when we’re on long treks. It was a one owner car from new but he eventually stopped dealing with all the niggly failures, and so...

It needed lots of bits sorting on it, but I’ve worked through most of those - all the PCV hoses had collapsed, SAI pump failed, all pads and discs and front abs sensor, new struts all round as handled like a boat, snub engine mount crumbled, coolant temp sensor housing cracked, still had the original plugs (!), rebuilt sloppy shifter using new components, leaking door bottoms leading to very wet carpets, new outer cv joints, tailgate handle failed (micro switch failed), rear wiper motor failed, rear door lock unit failed.... there’s more, but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Despite all that, it’s a superb car!

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login