Back again.

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

xs2man
B1
Passat model: B5.5

Back again.

Post by xs2man »

So I left for a wee while. My mother needed a motor, and I wanted something else, so I gave her my Passat and bought a P38 Range Rover. Big mistake that one, and I lost a lot of money after the head gaskets going within the first 1000 miles (not before I spent about £900 servicing it all). Anyway, that sat about in my drive for around 18 months until I finally gave up and sold it. Leaving a car shaped hole in my drive.

So my Father-in-Law, so impressed with my first Passat after stealing it to drive to London a few times (from Buckie in the North East of Scotland) decided to buy his own. He had it for a few years until about a month ago, when someone managed to hit it while the mother in law was in the bank. Not a huge amount of damage, but enough for the insurance company to write it off. They gave it a CAT C marker, for a relatively small dent in a rear door.

They offered him a reasonable settlement, and let him keep the car. I then offered him a pittance for it, although it was enough to take his total return to £1000 which was significantly more than the car was actually worth really. He asked for more, but realistically, the car wasn't worth more than I offered (the wife already made me offer more than I wanted to, lol). Anyway, a deal was done, and he delivered it to me yesterday.

So here it is:

It's an SE with the 130 BHP engine. The car will mainly be used to get abandoned by the local Airport when I travel for work, so the damage doesn't really bother me. Speaking of which, here it is.

Not too bad really. And I was just going to leave it. Then someone mentioned a video on youtube where some lassy pulls out a dent with a dildo. He suggested I try it with mine. Well, mine doesn't have a sucker on it, so I used a plunger instead. Unfortunately, it's not a very manly plunger, so only really took out the worst of it, but I'll maybe have a look for something with a bit more power. I did pour a kettle of hot water over the area first though, just to make it a bit more plyable. The results were decent enough.

And that's probably almost all I'll do. Except for changing the stereo for something with Bluetooth and USB.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login