sub box

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

gortex
B6
Passat model: B5.5 Tdi 4motion

sub box

Post by gortex »

This may or may not interest you but I have been asked by a few members about it so here is a small write up.
So I wanted a sub in my estate BUT I wanted to keep good space in the boot. first picture is with cd rack removed.
the next picture shows the measurements of the box.
you have to shape the side to the rear of the car I cut small bit of chipboard for this as you can see.
you will also note that the rear right hand side as you look at it is stepped so it fits into cd hole(see next picture) once you are happy with fit car body filler the shaped side.
I also fitted acoustic foam as you can see on the inside of the box and I ran a silicone bead around the inside joints.
Once car body filler is rubbed down and you are happy with how the box fits back into the hole(I made it fit all the way back into the hole) you can paint or cover it

Put speaker cover on so things in the boot don't make holes in your sub :-bd
Thats it hope it helps......
You Built a Time Machine....................Out of a Delorean

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login