Led interior lights b5/.5

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mini_dub
Car of the Year 2012
Passat model: B5.5 est

Led interior lights b5/.5

Post by mini_dub »

I have just changed all my interior lights to led ones
This is not so much a how to but more parts you need!!
My car is a b5.5 est with w8 front interor light other varients may varey

W8 light requires 4x 501 wedge bulbs
Non w8 light iirc is 2x 501 wedge bulb 1x festoon bulb around 42 mm ( dont worry if the bulb is slightly bigger or smaller as the contacts can be bent either way)

Rear lights with alarm ultrasonic requires 1x t5 neo wedge bulb (1 per side 2 in total)
These lights are a oh fiddlesticks! to get out but there is a pritty good how to here
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40602
The how to also shows how to change the bulbs which are a tad fiddlerly

Estate boot light requires 1x festoon bulb aroud 42mm length (dont worry if the buld is slightly longer or shorter as the metal contacts can be bent either way)

Puddle lights (under doors) require 1x 501 wedge bulb (1 per door 4 in total) ( these bulbs may need the bulb or bulb holder to be modded as the led bulb is bigger than the normal 501 bulb

There are millions of differnt styles of bulbs on ebay so what you get is ur call!
Puddle lights and front reading lights need to be fairly small in lengh and width due to the areas they fit being small
Rear reading lights have to be the bulb type above to work

Rember led lights need to be fitted the right way round so if it doesnt work straight off then pop it out and spin 180 degs and all should be good in the world!

Hope this is of use

Chris
{()()]==AIR Car of the month October 2010, March 2012. Car of the year 2012 Image
My Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19734
my mk4 polo: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=48182&p=372666#p372666

instagram: @mini_dub

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login