Retrofit B5.5 Mirror indicators

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

doobie
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B3 GL estate

Retrofit B5.5 Mirror indicators

Post by doobie »

Ant asked me to do this so here goes ....Firstly thanks to my other half for her help with the electrical stuff couldnt have done it with out ya hun .....

Tools and Supplies needed
Wire cutters
Wire strippers
8 terminal blocks
Twin core 3amp cable or two single cables and some heat shrink tubing
Tork drive bits including T25 and T45
Trim removal tool or big flat screwdriver.
Flathead and phillips screwdrivers
Two B5.5 indicators durrrr

Allow 1 1/2 hours a side

first remove this trim piece just get a flat edge and push it towards the door

then lever the switch panel up and unplug the connector and remove
This then reveals the 3 big screws that help hold the door panel on they are the big brass coloured ones you can see in this pic

undo the 3 screws and the two smaller tork drive screws at the bottom of the door panel

Then using your trim removal tool or big screwdriver carefully "pop" the trim panel away from the door, wind the window down and lift up the panel and remove it unplugging the various connections as you go...

Then carefully pull out the interior mirror and speaker cover in my case to reveal the single tork bolt holding the mirror on

Disconnect the old mirror wiring remove the bolt and remove the mirror....replace with the new one making sure you push the angled edge under the rubber trim piece first and replace the bolt...

Replace the interior mirror cover and retire to the house and a nice cuppa

In my case out of my fave chipped Tigger cup....
Chris

[b]B3 outlaws forum[/b]

"The sensible person doesn't walk around in a beekeeper's outfit to keep the wasps away from their ice cream in summer. The sensible person accepts that wasps are attracted to ice cream and that wasps will always outnumber ice creams."

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login