B6 2007 RNS510 or ipad

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Twosides
Passat model: B6

B6 2007 RNS510 or ipad

Post by Twosides »

Hi folk.
I've been looking everywhere on the net for a few answers and I can't really find the information that I am after.
I have a 07 B6 estate with a MFD2 nav in. New map disc and it works a treat. Car came out of Vw with phone and Bluetooth options as standard. All work fine.
For some reason I do not have an aux anywhere.
What I would like to do is be able to listen and control music from an iPod/iPhone.
The mfd2 is pretty poor at this even with a converter kit etc...no track info on radio display or MFD on dash.
So one option is RNS510 but the whole canbus/battery drain issue bothers me.
But...I thought about an iPad mini install.
I want to retain my steering wheel function so I was thinking along the lines of dump head unit and glovebox CD changer.
Put single din after market, app comparable stereo in glove box, iPad conversion in dash.
Good so far, but how do I retain the vw telephone function and Bluetooth with steering wheel functionality? I also would like the steering wheel controls to work the iPad....next track, previous track, volume?
I know that if I go down the iPad route I think I am going to have to give up on any info on the mfd I guess.
Is this a tall order?
Cheer all.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login